TDS 21/02 GST: Eligibility to input tax deductions
Goods and services tax: Agency, cancellation of registration, input tax deductions, non-resident supplier.
Tax administration: Claimed procedural defects of assessment; onus and standard of proof.
Goods and services: Cancellation of GST registration, input tax deductions, supplies of donated goods and services.
This draft operational statement sets out the Commissioner’s approach to applying the trust information gathering powers contained in section 59BA and section 59BAB of the Tax Administration Act 1994.
This variation applies to a person with a balance date of 30 May 2021 or later, for the 2020/21 income year, who is seeking the Commissioner’s approval of their research and development activities by filing a general approval application under s 68CB of the Tax Administration Act 1994.
This variation effectively extends the existing COV 20/10, by ensuring that persons with a balance date of 30 May 2021 or later can also gain the full advantage of the three months by which the relevant date has been extended.
SPS 21/03 Tax payments - when received in time
BR Prd 21/07 Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities
This Ruling applies to confirm the GST consequences for GST-registered persons who:
- supply a property in the course or furtherance of their taxable activity to an eligible home buyer (Home Buyer) and Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities (the Applicant) for use in the First Home Partner scheme; or
- acquire such a property from a Home Buyer and the Applicant for use in making taxable supplies.
Vol 33 No 9 TIB - October 2021
Order in Council
- LI 2021/222 - COVID-19 Resurgence Support Payments Scheme (August 2021) Order 2021
- LI 2021/238 - COVID-19 Resurgence Support Payments Scheme (August 2021) Amendment Order 2021
- LI 2021/234 - Tax Administration (COVID-19 Response Variations) Order 2021
- OS 21/03: Excusing estates from filing income tax returns
- IS 21/04: Deductions for businesses disrupted by the COVID pandemic
- IS 21/07: GST - Definition of a resident
- EE003: Payments provided to employees that work from home; Employee use of telecommunications tools and usage plans in their employment
- FDR 2021/03: A type of attributing interest in a foreign investment fund for which a person may not use the fair dividend rate method
Questions we’ve been asked
- QB 21/09: How to determine the cost price of bloodstock
- QB 21/10: If I run a hotel, motel or boarding house and live on site, what expenditure can I claim?
This COVID-19 variation determination recognises that the impact of COVID-19 means that some taxpayers may now wish to file on a one-monthly basis to provide earlier access to any GST refunds. It allows the change of taxable period to take effect much sooner than would otherwise be the case.
|ED0234||Amortisation Rates for Landfill Cell Construction Expenditure||30 November 2021|
|ED0235||Reporting requirements for domestic trusts||30 November 2021|
|PUB00411||Income tax – application of the land sale rules to changes to co-ownership, subdivisions, and changes of trustees||9 November 2021|
|ED0233||Elections not to depreciate commercial buildings||5 November 2021|