TDS 21/06 Exempt income and R&D credits
Income Tax Act 2007: CW 42, exempt income; Subpart MX, R&D credits.
IS 21/06 FS 1 Income tax and GST – Treatment of meal expenses
This fact sheet accompanies IS 21/06: Income tax and GST - Treatment of meal expenses. The statement covers the income tax and GST treatment of meal expenses incurred by self-employed people.
- IS 21/06: Income tax and GST - Treatment of meal expenses (interpretation statement)
Vol 33 No 11 TIB - December 2021
- The COVID-19 Resurgence Support Payments Scheme (August 2021) Amendment Order (No 4) 2021
- The COVID-19 Resurgence Support Payments Scheme (August 2021) Amendment Order (No 5) 2021
BR Prd 21/06: Kiwibank Limited
COV 21/05: Variation to section 68CC(3) of the Tax Administration Act 1994
Legal decisions - case summaries
CSUM 21/10 - Land development - tax evasion
Technical decision summaries
- TDS 21/01: GST: Non-profit body claiming input tax deductions
- TDS 21/02: GST – Eligibility to input tax deductions
- TDS 21/03: Liability for shortfall penalties
- TDS 21/04: GST – Undisclosed cash sales and liability for shortfall penalties
CSUM 21/10 Land development - tax evasion
The Taxation Review Authority (the “TRA”) upheld the Commissioner’s assessments for tax on unreported income and shortfall penalties for evasion.
The TRA concluded that the income from land sales in the disputed transactions was income under s CB 3 of the Income Tax Act 2007 (“ITA”) or alternatively income under s CB 1 of the ITA. The TRA also concluded that the disputant was liable for a shortfall penalty for evasion, finding he dishonestly and systematically evaded tax and attempted to avoid the consequences of his deception.
TDS 21/05 GST - Input tax deductions, penalties
Goods and services tax: input tax deductions, taxable activity; Tax Administration Act 1994: shortfall penalties.
This question we’ve been asked explains when a person registered for GST on a payments basis can claim an input tax deduction for goods purchased on deferred payment terms.
|ED0238||Charities and donee organisations||28 February 2022|
|ED0237||Section 17GB notices – the Commissioner’s power to obtain information for tax policy purposes||31 January 2022|
|PUB00330||GST - goods purchased on deferred payment terms||24 December 2021|
|PUB00372||What is required to establish and maintain a “public fund” under s LD 3(2)(d) of the Income Tax Act 2007?||24 December 2021|
|PUB00357||GST and finance leases||17 December 2021|