IS 23/04 FS The interest limitation rules and short-stay accommodation
IS 23/04 The interest limitation rules and short-stay accommodation
Vol 35 No 5 TIB June 2023
- SL2023/0048 – Order in Council – Tax Administration (Extension of Due Dates) Order 2023
- OS 23/01: When employee allowances for additional transport costs for home to work travel are exempt from income tax
- OS 19/04 (KM 2023) Kilometre rates for the business use of vehicles for the 2023 income year
Legislation and determinations
- 2023 Consumer Price Index adjustment to standard-cost amounts for household services (childcare, boarding services or short-stay accommodation)
- 2023 Adjustment to the Square Metre Rate amount
- IS 23/02: Income tax – Application of the s CZ 39 5 year bright-line test to certain family and close relationship transactions
- IS 23/03: GST – Section 58: Specified agents of incapacitated persons, and mortgagees in possession
Question we’ve been asked
- QB 23/05: Provisional tax – impact on salary or wage earners who receive a one-off amount of income without tax deducted
Technical decision summaries
- TDS 23/04: Losses carried forward and debt remission income
- TDS 23/05: In-specie distribution of assets upon winding-up of a unit trust
- TDS 23/06: Deductibility of payment to settle legal proceedings
- TDS 23/07: Whether expenditure to resolve weathertightness issues is deductible
NAMV 2023 National Average Market Values of Specified Livestock Determination 2023
This determination establishes the national average market value (NAMV) of specified livestock for 2023.
QB 23/06 GST – goods purchased on deferred payment terms
This Question We’ve Been Asked explains when a person registered for GST on a payments basis can claim an input tax deduction for goods purchased on deferred payment terms.
BR Prd 23/01 Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited
BR Pub 23/07 Income tax – application of the employee share scheme rules to employer issued cryptoassets provided to an employee
This ruling considers when the provision of cryptoassets to an employee will constitute an employee share scheme in respect of which an employee derives a taxable benefit that is employee income under s CE 1(1)(d).
This item replaces BR Pub 19/04: Income tax - application of the employee share scheme rules to employer issued crypto-assets provided to an employee. There have been no changes to the original ruling.
BR Pub 23/04 Income tax – salary and wages paid in cryptoassets
This ruling considers when employee remuneration paid in cryptoassets will be a “PAYE income payment” for income tax purposes under s RD 3 for which the payer of the cryptoassets will have PAYE obligation.
This item replaces BR Pub 21/01: Income tax - salary and wages paid in crypto-assets. There have been no changes to the previous ruling.
BR Pub 23/05 Income tax – bonuses paid in cryptoassets
This ruling considers when a bonus or an incentive paid in cryptoassets will be a “PAYE income payment” for income tax purposes under s RD 3 for which the payer will have PAYE obligations.
This ruling replaces BR Pub 21/02: Income tax - bonuses paid in crypto-assets. There have been no changes to the previous ruling.
BR Pub 23/06 Income tax – employer issued cryptoassets provided to an employee
This ruling considers when cryptoassets issued by an employer and paid to an employee will be a fringe benefit, how the benefit is valued and the time at which the benefit is provided.
This item replaces BR Pub 19/03: Income tax - employer issued crypto-assets provided to an employee. There have been no changes to the original ruling.
|PUB00397-2||Income tax – deductibility of expenditure – renting to flatmates||13 June 2023|
|PUB00397-1||Income tax – bright-line test – main home exclusion – renting to flatmates||13 June 2023|
|PUB00423||GST – Court awards and out-of-court settlements||14 June 2023|
|PUB00389||Goods and Services Tax – Unit title body corporates||20 June 2023|
Consultations closing soon
Public advice and guidance work programme 2023-24
Consultation closed 6 June - extension until 9 June 2023
PUB00397-1: Income tax - bright-line main home exclusion - renting to flatmates
PUB00397-2: Income tax - deductibility of expenditure - renting to flatmates
These consultations close on 13 June 2023
PUB00423: GST - Court awards and out-of-court settlements
This consultation closes 14 June 2023
Consultation items - tell us what you think
We value your feedback and have made the following improvements to make it easier for you to send in comments or suggest topics of interest.
- A new tab for our work programmes
- A single tab where you can find current draft items, plus expired items that are under review
- An email button on each consultation page so you can easily send in your feedback
Newsletter subscription service
Find out about our subscription service