Tax Depreciation Rates General Determination Number 72
Determination DEP 72 (2010) sets a depreciation rate for test chambers in the 'Electrical and Electronic Engineering' and other industry categories.
This determination may be cited as "Determination DEP: Tax Depreciation Rates General Determination Number 72".
- This determination applies to taxpayers who own items of depreciable property of the kind/s listed in the table below that have been acquired during the 2010 or subsequent income years.
- This determination applies for the 2010 and subsequent income years.
- Pursuant to section 91AAF of the Tax Administration Act 1994 I set in this determination the general rate to apply to the kind of items of depreciable property listed in the table below by:
- Adding into the category "Electrical and Electronic Engineering", and to the "Engineering (including automotive)" industry categories, and to the "Scientific and laboratory equipment" asset category, the general asset class, the estimated useful life and diminishing value and straight-line depreciation rate listed below:
General asset class Estimated useful life (years) DV rate (%) SL rate (%) Test Chambers – acquired during the 2010 or subsequent income years. 12.5 16 10.5
- In this determination, unless the context otherwise requires, words and terms have the same meaning as in the Income Tax Act 2007 and the Tax Administration Act 1994.
This determination is signed by me on the 1st day of February 2010.
LTS Manager, Technical Standards