Determination PROV19: Tax Depreciation Rates
Determination PROV19 (2010) sets a depreciation rate for computer controlled tablet dispensing systems in the 'Medical' and 'Pharmaceuticals' categories.
This determination may be cited as "Determination PROV19: Tax Depreciation Rates Provisional Determination Number PROV19".
- This determination applies to taxpayers who own items of depreciable property of the kind listed in the table below.
- This determination applies for the 2009/2010 and subsequent income years.
- Pursuant to section 91AAG of the Tax Administration Act 1994 I set in this determination the provisional rate to apply to the kind of items of depreciable property listed in the table below by:
- Adding into the "Medical and Medical Laboratory" and "Pharmaceuticals" industry categories, the provisional asset class, estimated useful, and diminishing value and straight-line depreciation rate listed below:
Provisional asset class Estimated useful life (years) DV rate (%) SL rate (%) Computer Controlled Tablet Dispensing Systems 5 40 30
- In this determination, unless the context otherwise requires, words and terms have the same meaning as in the Income Tax Act 2007 and the Tax Administration Act 1994.
This determination is signed by me on the 1st day of February 2010.
LTS Manager, Technical Standards