TIB - July 2019
Questions we’ve been asked
- QB 19/05: What are my income tax obligations if I rent out my home or a separate dwelling on my property as short-stay accommodation?
- QB 19/06: What income tax rules apply if I have a dwelling that I sometimes rent out as short-stay accommodation and sometimes use myself?
- QB 19/07: How do the mixed-use asset income tax rules apply to a dwelling that I sometimes rent out as short-stay accommodation and sometimes use privately?
- QB 19/08: How do the standard income tax rules apply to a dwelling that I sometimes rent out as short-stay accommodation and sometimes use privately?
- QB 19/09: Can I register for GST if I supply short-stay accommodation to guests in my home or holiday home?
Standard practice statements
- SPS 19/03: Income equalisation deposits and refunds
- SPS 19/04: Late filing penalties
Legislation and determinations
- DET 19/01: Standard-cost household service for private boarding service providers
- DET 19/02: Standard-cost household service for short-stay accommodation providers
- National Average Market Values of Specified Livestock Determination 2019
- 2019 Kilometre rates for business use of motor vehicles
- 2019 Square metre rate
Legal decisions - case notes
High Court clarifies that the insuring of an identified risk is not a financial service and the premia paid are not exempt from tax pursuant to ss 3(1)(h) and 3(1)(l) of the Goods and Services Tax Act 1985