TIB - February 2021
- Withdrawal notice BR Pub 19/01 and BR Pub 19/02
- BR Prd 20/05: Stride Property Limited and Stride Investment Management Limited
- BR Prd 20/06: Woolworths New Zealand Limited, trading as Countdown
- BR Pub 21/01: Income tax – salary and wages paid in crypto-assets
- BR Pub 21/02: Income tax – bonuses paid in crypto-assets
- Determination FDR 2020/02
- Determination FDR 2020/03
- Determination FDR 2020/04
- Determination FDR 2020/05
- Determination FDR 2020/06
- IS 20/09: GST - unconditional gifts
- OS 19/04 (KM 2020): Kilometre rates for the business use of vehicles for the 2020 income year
Questions we’ve been asked
- QB 20/03: First step legally necessary to achieve liquidation when a liquidator is appointed
- QB 20/04: Do certain supplies wholly or partly consist of land for the compulsory zero-rating (CZR) rules?
Legal decisions - case summaries
- CSUM 21/01: Supreme Court dismisses Mr Hampton’s application for leave to appeal.
- CSUM 21/02: Whether expenditure is of a capital or revenue nature is not to be found by any rigid test or description but upon consideration of all the circumstances; if capital in nature, it is not deductible for income tax purposes.
- CSUM 21/03: Extension of time to appeal to Court of Appeal denied where obvious lack of merit.
- CSUM 21/04: Supreme Court dismisses the Commissioner’s application for leave to appeal determination of “gift” for donation tax credit purposes.
- Inland Revenue technical decision summaries